1b. Other requirements
1. Back to: Access rules – Main page
1b. Other rules (this page)
2. Risk assessment information 3. Risk maps
4. Application for access
Danger zone and the Restricted area due to seismic activity in Bárðarbunga and volcanic eruption in Holuhraun lava field:
I. Protection- and warning equipment
Everyone permitted to enter the restricted area shall be equipped with an oxygen meter with an alarm system in case the O2 values become lower than advised.
(This is an addition to being equipped with gas masks providing protection for SO2 and a gas meter for SO2, with an alarm system in case the values exceed the employment protection provisions as required in art.14 of the access rules).
II. Consumption water – Drinking/cooking water
It is not allowed to use water for consumption in the restricted area nor melt snow and ice for drinking or cooking because of chemical pollution.
Those who have been granted access to the restricted area must bring with them clean water in tanks and/or bottles.
III. Vehicle requirements
* In the winter period beginning of November to end of May it is not allowed to travel in the restricted area in only one vehicle. At least one back-up vehicle is required. Access permits will not be issued unless this condition is fulfilled.
IV. Permits from Vatnajökull National Park (Vatnajökulsþjóðgarður)
IV.1 Helicopter landings
* Parallel to the application to the Civil Pretection (Almannavarnir) for an access for a group landing and entering the restricted area a separate accept for a "landing-permit" should be aqquired from Vatnajökull National Park. This is done simply by sending a request to email@example.com
IV.2 Film-making, the making of advertisements and other such activities:
* All film-making, the making of advertisements and other such activities inside the Vatnajökull National Park are subject to permits granted by the relevant National Park Warden, cf. paragraph 1 of Article 18 of Regulations No. 608/2008 on the Vatnajökull National Park.
* Permits must be applied for with at least 30 days notice if there are 10 or more persons involved in the relevant project, and with 7 days notice if there are fewer persons involved in the project. See: http://www.vatnajokulsthjodgardur.is/english/protection/permits/